From the Dairy Barn of Iowa to the Skies: Today is my Uncle Sipke's Birthday

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Today is my Uncle Sipke's Birthday


...we traveled from Maarssen to Langweer, Friesland, NL this morning to spend time with my Uncle Sip(ke) on his 94th Birthday. My Uncle Folkert and Aunt Neeltje were also there with us, they are my cousin Saskia's (Kees) parent, whom we are staying with on our visit to The Netherland's.

Here is where we turn to go Langweer, 8km...


Here is the Flag of Langweer.


Langweer's Main Street.


...it shows and says that Langweer is the "Center of the World", certainly can be said it might be in our case.


Back: Sydney, me, Austin, Aunt Neeltje, Colin, Saskia
Center: Uncle Folkert
Front: Uncle Sipke

We are now back in Maarssen, as our time winds down here in The Netherlands. We leave for home on Friday April 16, 2010.

2 comments: