From the Dairy Barn of Iowa to the Skies: Clean up time in Bloomington, MN...

Monday, May 2, 2011

Clean up time in Bloomington, MN...



Every spring for how many years, the City of Bloomington sponsor a Spring Curb Cleanup Saturday for 5 Saturdays in a row, depending on the your location in the city. My part of the city clean up was last Saturday. (YES, it is FREE - GRATIS (Dutch for FREE)

My neighbor had this old Ariens snow blower by his garage all winter when I moved in. I told Colin, if you see that snow blower on the curb, I want you to get it before anyone else. (People are allowed to rummage thru other peoples treasures, before the garbage man comes.) I was taking some trash to the garage, and low and behold the snow blower was on the curb...

I strolled out to the curb and came back to my garage with a "new" snow blower. I spent a couple of hours and $20 dollars worth of parts....and she runs like a top!!!

5HP and 24" intake chute

1 comment:

  1. S ahhhhhhhhh weeeeeeeeeeeettT....I got a brand new tiller the other day....nice but hard to enjoy when you know the price....I LIKE FREE or cheap! Way to go, hope you do not get to use it for QUITE a while!

    ReplyDelete